Friday, September 4, 2009

Back at last!  During the move our computer "crashed" and would not let me return to blog.  We made the move to missionary housing and are still down-sizing.  We hope to obtain a storage trailer and get it packed soon.  During August I traveled to camp meeting from  Iowa’s Inspiration Acres to Wisconsin’s Rock Springs Camp, then on to Minnesota’s Camp Arrowhead and South Dakota’s Lake Poinsett Living Waters Retreat Center provided contact with a substantial portion of the Church of God Ministries in the North Central USA.  I am in the process of writing up a newsletter to tell about it.
As I end my ministry at the Ellis Park Church of God in Cedar Rapids, Iowa It was my privilege to baptize Joe, Kacie and Dayzaray; individuals I have worked with over the years.  In fact, Kacie I dedicated as a baby and now 16 years later has grown in her faith to making this commitment of her life.  This has helped as we say goodbye to those we have ministered to over 17 years.  This weekend will be a reunion of a youth camp I was involved in 10 years ago.  It will be fun to celebrate the accomplishment of the youth who are now youth adults active in many ministries.  Then next week we will be traveling to Minnesota to take more stuff there and make sure it's ready for the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment